Skip to main content

Helpful Tips for Continuing Education

Christy Gass
Licensing & Contracting

Did you know that it could take the Continuing Education (CE) vendors 3 to 5 business days to upload your courses to the state’s Department of Insurance? Therefore, it is very important to make sure you complete any required CE at least a week before you want to renew your appointment. If you wait until the last minute, you may not be able to renew your license before it expires, resulting in late fees or license gaps.

If you need to know which courses are still outstanding for your license renewal, you can go to the state’s Department of Insurance website to see if they have a feature to look up your Continuing Education Transcript. This transcript will tell you how many courses you have taken and how many are remaining. Some states have links to the transcript and some don’t. If you do not see a transcript option on your state’s website, you may need to call the state’s Department of Insurance and ask for a transcript copy. The state should be able to guide you to where you can find it online or assist you by sending you a copy.

If you just want to check the LTC or Annuity CE requirements for your resident or non-resident state prior to soliciting new business, you can use WebCE to check.

  1. Go to and click on Insurance CE.
  2. Using the map, select the state you want to write new business in.
  3. Then select the line of business.
  4. On the following page, click on the link next to Compliance Requirements to view the requirements in that state.

Resident information is always listed at the top. Non-resident information can be found towards the bottom. It is important to check the non-resident requirements, since some states can require additional training beyond what your resident state requires. Your state may also allow you to check your CE transcript by clicking the View Transcript link at the top of the requirements.

If you have any Continuing Education questions, it is always better to contact the State’s Department of Insurance, since they are state requirements and those employees will be better versed in what is needed. You can find the contact information on the state’s Department of Insurance website.


Share this